Docklight Scripting is an automated testing tool for serial communication protocols via COM (RS232, RS422/485), TCP (client and server), UDP peer, USB HID, Bluetooth HID and Named Pipes. It is an extended edition of Docklight RS232 Terminal / RS232 Monitor that includes an easy-to-use script language for automation. A Docklight script allows you to execute all basic Docklight functions (sending predefined data sequences, detecting specific sequences within the incoming data stream, ...) and embed them in your own test code. Docklight Scripting gives you both, flexibility and simplicity. Within minutes you can build your own automated testing tools and create
* repeated test cycles (e.g. endurance testing for a motion control / drive system)
* time-controlled test jobs (e.g. sending a diagnostics command at certain times of day)
* automatic device configuration scripts (e.g. resetting a RS232 device to factory defaults before delivery)
* fault analysis tools for service and maintenance tasks (e.g. running a set of diagnostics commands and performing automatic fault analysis)
* protocol testers with automatic checksum calculations (e.g. CRC - Cyclic Redundancy Codes)
* Docklight startup scripts (e.g. automatically starting a COM port logging task at PC startup)
Docklight Scripting uses the VBScript engine, allowing you to write your tests in a simple and well-known script language. Docklight's basic functions and features are made available through a small and convenient set of script commands. The sample applications and scripts provided make getting started easy, and allow you to become productive immediately.